Two cooking-experiment posts in a row! Yay! These were my long-weekend-holiday activities besides jogging & reading😄
Different from my previous post about Spaghetti Carbonara in here, this cooking experiment began because Bilqis fell in love with one of Toko You‘s menu. She was so curious of how to make that fried chicken menu with ginger butter sauce. As a result, Bilqis & I had this experiment to re-create that menu and Bilqis’ friend from Geophysics Engineering ITB, Anjai, also joined us. At first, we didn’t know the real recipe for that menu so we had to approximate the ingredients and how to cook those ingredients; plus, we made some modifications to the menu. We would like to call it: “Chicken Lemonade with Ginger Butter Sauce”. The recipe below is served for 3-4 portions.
- 0.5 kg chicken fillet
- less than 0.25 kg wheat flour
- 1 medium-sized broccoli
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 1 medium-sized chayote (in Bahasa: labu siam)
- 1 lemon
- 0.5 kg potatoes
- half-sized of onion
- ginger (as much as you like)
- two spoons of salty soy sauce
Cooking the vegetables:
- Wash the broccoli, carrot, and chayote
- Cut the broccoli, carrot, and chayote into small-sized blocks
- Boil those vegetables and then drain off any water from those vegetable blocks
Cooking the potatoes:
- You can decide whether you want mashed potatoes or fried potato wedges
- But first, you have to boil those potatoes (before cutting them) for approximately 30-45 minutes. Yeah, it took a long time!
- If you want mashed potatoes: mash those potatoes and mix those mashed potatoes with cut chives
- Wash the chicken fillet then cut into several cuts
- Marinate the chicken fillet overday in lemonade water + add pepper, nutmeg, and salt (as much as you like)
- Keep that marinated chicken fillet in a freezer
- After several hours, take the chicken fillet from the freezer, dip each chicken fillet cut in egg, then coat it with wheat flour equally
- Fried those cuts!
Making the Ginger Butter Sauce:
- Melt the butter on a fired pan
- Add onion and ginger
- Add 2 spoons of salty soy sauce
- Turn off the fire once the butter has melted enough
- Hooray! It’s finished already. Now you can decorate your Chicken Lemonade with Ginger Butter Sauce on plates😉
In short, there are things you need to take note when you want to try this recipe:
- If you want the chicken fillet cuts to be as tasty as you like, you have to marinate those in lemonade water (don’t forget to add pepper, nutmeg, & salt) for approximately 1 up to 2 hours.
- Remember: it takes a long time to boil potatoes!
- Do not add too many chives into your mashed potatoes because this felt like you are eating chives.
(Photos were taken by me. Credit is required if you want to use those in yours. Thank you.)